RIDElab tool is an advanced tire data analysis platform, designed to analyze the acquired channels using a multi-physical approach with the aim to comprehend the dynamic characteristics of the tire and its dependencies from the effects of the compound and carcass temperatures, internal pressure, wear and degradation.
Starting from the raw data, RIDElab enables smart procedures for the elimination of the outliers, reliable evaluation of camber and load effects, leading the user to a robust identification of both the Pacejka’s Magic Formula based and other mechanical tire interaction models, taking also into account of their variations towards complex multi-physical of tire/road contact phenomena. The effects induced by thermal and wear phenomena on frictional and structural tire behavior, including the discrimination between the effects due to tread layers and carcass temperature, to compound degradation, road roughness influence and polymers viscoelastic characteristics, can be smartly identified and validated with the RIDElab tool.
RIDElab is moreover adopted by our partners, to:
- represent a complex and multi-dimensional function as Pacejka’s one in a wide range of multi-graphs, able to highlight the interactions among tire working variables, often hard to be determined at a glance, comparing curves with track and bench tire data;
- identify MF and adheRIDE micro-, macro- coefficients and scaling factors, defining their range of validity, convergence criteria, error minimization algorithms and eliminating outliers and physical incongruences from track and/or bench tire data;
- modify interaction curves in interactive way by means of smart buttons and scrolls, analyzing the direct effect of parameters variations, estimating their sensitivity and creating “prototypal” dynamic *.tir files characterized by desired curve shapes;
- create virtual tires, varying dynamic pure and combined interaction curves, usefully to simulate the effects of tire compound and structural variations on vehicle behavior, of thermal effects from thermoRIDE, of wear/degradation effects from weaRIDE on any kind of tire interaction model, as adheRIDE.
For further info:
- Multiphysical MF-based tyre modelling and parametrisation for vehicle setup and control strategies optimisation
- An Application of TRIP-ID: MF Identification Tool for an Automobile Tire Interaction Curves Dataset: Proceedings of the Second International Conference of IFToMM Italy
- TRIP-ID: A tool for a smart and interactive identification of Magic Formula tyre model parameters from experimental data acquired on track or test rig